#1 Eternal Obama

Eternal Obama

I <3 Clam

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts
  • Vehicle:2ooo GSR
  • Time Online: 2d 12h 53m 41s

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

I've been trying to find reasons online and so far what I can find is either a main fuel relay or maybe the fuel filter but curious if anyone might know for sure or have experienced the same problem. Car was idling oddly and Honda told me I needed to replace the IACV so I did and that solved nothing. So the car won't drop below 1200 RPM unless I'm at a complete stop and then sometimes it will surge from normal idle up to 1200-1400 while idling. Another issue is randomly the car won't start, the start just sits turning over but the car will never fire up, it's really random, sometimes it will take a while other times it does it once then fires up fine. When it decides it doesn't want to start sometimes it will hesitate after starting and act like it's bogging then go back to normal. I can hear the fuel pump turn on when I turn the key etc so I don't think it's the pump but would a old fuel filter cause that type of problem or would it be something more?

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

I wanna say something. I'm gonna put it out there; if you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back. I want to be on you.

In those moments where you're not quite sure if the undead are really dead, dead, don't get all stingy with your bullets. I mean, one more clean shot to the head, and this lady could have avoided becoming a human Happy Meal. Woulda... coulda... shoulda.

#2 ligo12

ligo12

di obsessed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,178 posts
  • Time Online: 19d 10h 34s

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Fast idle air valve.
civQQne.gif

#3 Jsuck Automotive

Jsuck Automotive

di.net regular

• PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Vehicle:92 Integra LS, 95 Integra LS, 06 Pilot EX-L
  • Time Online: 1d 11h 17m 42s

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

....correction... FITV =Fast idle thermo valve IACV =Idle air control valve You kind of mixed the two Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
92 Integra LS 2dr (Red)....260,000 miles, blown headgasket and still running (suck it DSM'S)
95 Integra LS 4dr (grn).....loaned out.
06 Pilot EX-L (Wife's car)

#4 Jsuck Automotive

Jsuck Automotive

di.net regular

• PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

Why does tapatalk no space things correctly anyone? Doesn't recognize enters/returns...grrr Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
92 Integra LS 2dr (Red)....260,000 miles, blown headgasket and still running (suck it DSM'S)

#5 Jsuck Automotive

Jsuck Automotive

di.net regular

• PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

As for the start issue, you may have a bad one- way valve on the furl pump assembly, so you lose fuel pressure street sitting a while so on startup it doesn't get enough pressure. Try turning key to on wait 6 sec, then off and back to on, wait 6 second then start the engine. If that helps then you need to replace the valve which may mean you need to replace the whole assembly. Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

#6 ligo12

ligo12

di obsessed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,178 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

Honda fags don't know shit about anything but a honda. Thermac, high idle cam, throttle up valve, if you knew shit about other cars then you would know a coke is not always a coke.
civQQne.gif

#7 Eternal Obama

Eternal Obama

I <3 Clam

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

I don't know wtf either of you are talking about...

I wanna say something. I'm gonna put it out there; if you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back. I want to be on you.

In those moments where you're not quite sure if the undead are really dead, dead, don't get all stingy with your bullets. I mean, one more clean shot to the head, and this lady could have avoided becoming a human Happy Meal. Woulda... coulda... shoulda.

#8 Jsuck Automotive

Jsuck Automotive

di.net regular

• PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

Ligo12.......but aren't we talking about a Honda?

#9 ligo12

ligo12

di obsessed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,178 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

Qoute and return button don't work. There are two bypasses in the throttle body. One for the idle air control motor (whatever you honda fags call it) and a second bypass for the fast idle valve (again fuck you). The idle control is done by an electronic motor whilst the other is controlled by a wax pellet like a thermostat (if you honda fags call it that). The bypass stays wide open when it fails. This will raise the idle but the ecu will kill the fuel if it exceeds a target rpm. What you are left with is a car that surges. I am pressing return now. Cuase them honda are speed density you can pull whe intake boot while it runs. A test would be to pull the boot whilst it is running and stick your finger in the holes. While the car is warn only one port should be active. Stick your fingers in the holes to see if the fiav is open, if it be them it be bad.
civQQne.gif

#10 Eternal Obama

Eternal Obama

I <3 Clam

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

Is it really so hard to just respond like a normal fucking person instead of like an epic douche bag?  I'm not a Honda fag I just drive the damn car and am trying to figure out why it's acting how it is.  All your doing with your doucher response is confusing me more rather than helping me out, but then again I guess it's expected with this shit hole site and everyone thinking their e-dick is 20 feet long.

#11 xs

xs

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• DI Premium Donator
  • 22,472 posts
  • Vehicle:'01 Nissan Frontier 4x4, '94 Suzuki DR350SE
  • Time Online: 64d 11m 20s

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

Read what he said without getting your panties in a wad.

Get the car started and warm it up. Pull the intake boot off the throttle body. Stick your finger over the two holes that control idle air and fast idle. If you have suction through the fast idle valve hole then your fast idle thermo turboencabulator valve is broken and needs to be replaced.

If the people come to believe that the government is no longer constrained by the laws then they will conclude that neither are they.

#12 Eternal Obama

Eternal Obama

I <3 Clam

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

My panties aren't in a wad, I just don't think there's a reason to respond like a total dickwad over a simple question just because he apparently dislikes hondas.  My car is a 2000 It has no FIAV so what he's saying doesn't really help either way.

Edited by Eternal, 28 December 2012 - 11:39 AM.

#13 xs

xs

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• DI Premium Donator
  • 22,472 posts
  • Vehicle:'01 Nissan Frontier 4x4, '94 Suzuki DR350SE
  • Time Online: 64d 11m 20s

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

He doesn't dislike Hondas. He just doesn't like Russyo's brother coming in and telling him he doesn't know what he is talking about.

Think about it: Ligo vs. Russyo's brother.

Who do you think is more qualified to answer any question pertaining to motor vehicles?

If the people come to believe that the government is no longer constrained by the laws then they will conclude that neither are they.

#14 Eternal Obama

Eternal Obama

I <3 Clam

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

I don't know or give a fuck about either of them or their pissing contest.  I'm not Russyo's brother nor do I know either or give who shits about either of them.  I just was looking for help to try to figure out why my car is acting like it is.

#15 BenCronin04

BenCronin04

di obsessed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts
  • Vehicle:Truck
  • Time Online: 47d 52m 32s

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

My panties aren't in a wad, I just don't think there's a reason to respond like a total dickwad over a simple question just because he apparently dislikes hondas.  My car is a 2000 It has no FIAV so what he's saying doesn't really help either way.

And he was supposed to know you have a 2000 how.......

#16 Eternal Obama

Eternal Obama

I <3 Clam

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

Maybe by looking under my name which says Vehicle  "2000 GSR" ?

#17 ligo12

ligo12

di obsessed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,178 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

Take it to the dealer. Do not ask for help on this forum again.
civQQne.gif

#18 Eternal Obama

Eternal Obama

I <3 Clam

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

Take it to the dealer. Do not ask for help on this forum again.

Why, because you act like a dick towards everyone calling them a honda fag because one person pissed you off?  What an amazing moderator you are, this site used to be an great site for help etc now it's just a cesspool.  I've also taken it to the dealer, they told me it was the IACV which I replaced and it solved nothing which is why I decided to ask on here since I figured maybe there were still some people that would know what else it might be.  Like I said, should have figured it would just be people trying to flex their e-dicks.

Edited by Eternal, 28 December 2012 - 07:02 PM.

#19 Jsuck Automotive

Jsuck Automotive

di.net regular

• PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

Eternal, i feel your pain on this site, thus why i don't post very often. I assume you replaced the iacv on the back of the intake manifold (for a 2000 gsr they changed the name of it to electronic air control valve because its now the IACV and FITV combined). I currently work at the acura dealer in Plano, tx (8 yrs so far).....find me on Facebook as 'jay young' or Facebook.com/myfreakgsr (i believe) and shoot me a msg. I'll work with you to trouble shoot your issue.

#20 Eternal Obama

Eternal Obama

I <3 Clam

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users