#1 Stone

Stone

di no-lifer

• Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,940 posts
  • Time Online: 21d 7h 32m 9s

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

I have tried installing this CS6 Web Premium for the past month on my corporate machine. My local IT has re-imaged and even replaced my hard drive a number of times with fresh CS6 installs right after. 32 & 64 bit. Currently I am on a new hard drive with fresh Windows 7 64 bit OS.

Here is what happened on the latest install attempt.

http://forums.adobe....message/4949489

#2 03-18-09-26-15

03-18-09-26-15

Member Not Found

• Death Beast
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

Fault Module Name:          amtlib.dll

That's the .dll responsible for activation.  Is it a legit copy?  If so, have you activated before?

Also, are you installing from a disc or downloading the installer from adobe?

#3 Stone

Stone

di no-lifer

• Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,940 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

Yeah I have the serial, it's a volume license from company, and I guess I haven't activated it. I tried but it never asked me again so I thought it worked. The guy at Adobe told me it was not on my account though when I called. He wouldn't help me because I didn't want to pay for his support since my IT should be handling this anyway.

Now I'm mad because I'm halfway through uninstall and if it was as simple as activating that sucks.

#4 Stone

Stone

di no-lifer

• Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,940 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

I thought I entered serial when it was installed though. Is that not good enough? What I am talking about is it not being tied to my "Adobe Account."

#5 03-18-09-26-15

03-18-09-26-15

Member Not Found

• Death Beast
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

It wouldn't crash just because it's not activated.  It just has annoying reminders.

Are you installing from a disc or downloading the installer from adobe?  You can download it from adobe to have the latest version, and just put in your serial.  http://www.adobe.com...signweb_premium

At this point I'd just load a cracked amtlib.dll :lol:

Or convince the company to hire IT that can do their job.

#6 Stone

Stone

di no-lifer

• Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,940 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

I just downloaded the latest from Adobe but now I'll have to have IT re-image again. We have security and encryption software that screws up the Adobe installations so it has to be installed before those things. Strange, I don't know of any other work around. I'm going to have him re-image and then install the latest version I just downloaded. Or better yet, I'll download it to the newly imaged drive and then install on the spot and register, etc, all at once.

#7 Stone

Stone

di no-lifer

• Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,940 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

If that doesn't work they better not reject my laptop swap request again because there is literally nothing else we can try.

#8 SassyMcFlowerPants

SassyMcFlowerPants

stop searching me fags

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,164 posts
  • Vehicle:bmw racing car.
  • Time Online: 23d 15h 34m 45s

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

http://www.fixdllerr...em-run-properly

#9 Stone

Stone

di no-lifer

• Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,940 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

http://www.fixdllerr...em-run-properly

Is that a reputable download, have you used it? And wouldn't a re-image have already taken care of whatever that is claiming to fix?

#10 SassyMcFlowerPants

SassyMcFlowerPants

stop searching me fags

• 24,164 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

no, after a quick google search i came into find that and a video that goes with it. I probably wouldn't use it, but it's there for possible information to further your quest to fix this.

honestly, with what it says it might be, i don't think there's necessarily a way to fix it if it is in fact a driver issue.  does anyone have your same machine and have it installed?

#11 Stone

Stone

di no-lifer

• Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,940 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

no, after a quick google search i came into find that and a video that goes with it. I probably wouldn't use it, but it's there for possible information to further your quest to fix this.

honestly, with what it says it might be, i don't think there's necessarily a way to fix it if it is in fact a driver issue.  does anyone have your same machine and have it installed?

I'm the only one here with CS6. Everyone else has CS5.5 but some are on same machine. I don't see how it could make that big of a difference. My local IT just wants to get a new laptop but HQ is pushing back telling him to just fix this one.

#12 SassyMcFlowerPants

SassyMcFlowerPants

stop searching me fags

• 24,164 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

well, to figure out if it's device related, which it could be per some readings, you can go to your device manager and start disabling stuff - start with COM ports and try re-running the install, just disable all of the COM ports.  if that's not it, try bluetooth, sound and any NICs (yes your internet will go down), if it still doesn't install we'll have to come up with a different solution, re-enable all disabled devices

also, what's the model of the pc?

actually after a bit of reading and what crizo posted, that dll would only come up when sending a request to the internet for activation, so if it were driver related it'd be NIC related, just disable your NICs and try again, you can do that in network center if you want. it may give you another error because it can't get to the internet.

Edited by SassyMcFlowerPants, 28 December 2012 - 01:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users