it's just the whole grain brown minute rice. nothing fancy

#123 pdr

pdr

balls

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,237 posts
  • Time Online: 76d 12h 59m 26s

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

Use jasmine rice not brown rice. Brown rice bad.

#124 SkinnyWill

SkinnyWill

di addict

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Vehicle:1993 Toyota Supra
  • Time Online: 7d 6h 39m 43s

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

Use jasmine rice not brown rice. Brown rice bad.

could you go into more detail please? nutrition stupid, remember? I find the preceeding statement humerous!

thanks!

#125 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

Brown rice contains lectins, or antinutrients. It's part of their natural self defense against predators. We can't really digest it well and it can damage gut flora, which in turn effects metabolism. On paper it looks like brown rice is better than white, but all those extra nutrients won't do your body any good if you can't absorb them. Jasmine rice is easiest on the digestive system.

#126 SkinnyWill

SkinnyWill

di addict

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Vehicle:1993 Toyota Supra
  • Time Online: 7d 6h 39m 43s

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

Brown rice contains lectins, or antinutrients. It's part of their natural self defense against predators. We can't really digest it well and it can damage gut flora, which in turn effects metabolism. On paper it looks like brown rice is better than white, but all those extra nutrients won't do your body any good if you can't absorb them. Jasmine rice is easiest on the digestive system.

ahh makes a sense to me! so would you honestly use white rice before brown rice? jasmine rice obviously superior to both, but just between those two..

#127 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:51 AM

Well jasmine is a white rice, and yes I would always use it before brown. Also brown rice tastes grody to the max. Anyway in super duper layman's terms your gut flora is what absorbs the nutrients from food in your digestive tract and gets it to your body. If you introduce lectins you can damage the gut flora, and in turn they cannot properly metabolize. So if you aren't properly absorbing the food you're consuming you're da-dooing it out your rear, which in turn effects your metabolism negatively. Also your risk of disease increases, amongst other nastiness. You can trace most diseases, attention disorders, illnesses, bodily inflammation, and what not back to the gut.  That's part of the reason why it's generally a good idea to avoid gluten as well. Anyway that's about as simplistic as I can put it. Hope that helps. I guess I could corroborate all of that with links in another thread, but I do believe those threads or post may already exist. If I can't find 'em then I can certainly This has been posted before but I'm happy to see it again. .

#128 SassyMcFlowerPants

SassyMcFlowerPants

stop searching me fags

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,164 posts
  • Vehicle:bmw racing car.
  • Time Online: 23d 15h 34m 45s

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:53 AM

Oooohhhhh minute rice. I was wondering how you were using less than 4:1 on brown rice in 30 minutes and it was working. Fuck brown rice in its ass, its also much more difficult to cook than white rice (the raw stuff not minute rice). Even at a 4:1 ratio liquid to rice it still comes out not very good.

#129 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:00 AM

Gotta soak it for awhile first. The stuff sucks regardless. 

#130 Stone

Stone

di no-lifer

• Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,940 posts
  • Time Online: 21d 7h 32m 9s

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:16 AM

Crap, I feel like I am digressing more in this thread but I must know. What can I have from this menu? I felt compelled to look up what kind of rice they use with high hopes that Chipotle is a higher standard fast food place than most. You can imagine my disappointment, I guess I will stop eating the rice. What else should I not have? I want my gut flora safe from all evil.

http://www.chipotle...._statement.aspx

My non-health conscious choices: steak or chicken bowl, white rice, pinto beans, hot sauce, sour cream, cheese, lettuce, side of guac and chips. Bowl then topped off with Smoked Chipotle Tabasco sauce.

Health conscious: meat, guac?

I realize that I should find more time to prepare my meals myself, but in the real world I need to find an alternative if at all possible. I don't mind eating the same thing every day if I feel like it's going to be better for me than the alternatives. Is there such a thing as a healthier fast food lunch alternative?

I work here: 1000 Klein Rd, Plano, TX

Any hidden gems around me?

#131 xs

xs

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• DI Premium Donator
  • 22,826 posts
  • Vehicle:'01 Nissan Frontier 4x4, '94 Suzuki DR350SE
  • Time Online: 64d 11m 20s

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:57 AM

An added benefit to using jasmine rice is it smells awesome and chicks think you are awesome for cooking an exotic rice.

If the people come to believe that the government is no longer constrained by the laws then they will conclude that neither are they.

#132 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:57 AM

Chipotle is all organic and serves grass fed beef and free range chix/pork. If they must switch to conventional due to supply limitations then they will post a sign at the front of the line informing you. Black and pinto beans are vilified by the paleo crowd for their lectins (the same which I described in the above brown rice post), but I eat it anyway. I'll leave that up to your discretion. My typical bowl: white rice, black and pinto beans, vegetables, double chicken, pico, two scoops hot, sour cream, and cheese. That would obviously have to look different if you're overweight and/or shedding fat.

#133 Stone

Stone

di no-lifer

• Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,940 posts
  • Time Online: 21d 7h 32m 9s

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

Chipotle is all organic and serves grass fed beef and free range chix/pork. If they must switch to conventional due to supply limitations then they will post a sign at the front of the line informing you. Black and pinto beans are vilified by the paleo crowd for their lectins (the same which I described in the above brown rice post), but I eat it anyway. I'll leave that up to your discretion. My typical bowl: white rice, black and pinto beans, vegetables, double chicken, pico, two scoops hot, sour cream, and cheese. That would obviously have to look different if you're overweight and/or shedding fat.

I need to add the veggies probably. That's a lot of lectins though, with the white rice, pinto and black beans. And dairy.

#134 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

Yes my diet is definitely one that would put me into the paleo concentration camp by the paleo nazis. Since just about everything I consume is real food I don't worry about it so much, and my goals are far different from someone just looking to obtain good all around health. Eat big, lift big.

#135 xs

xs

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• DI Premium Donator
  • 22,826 posts
  • Vehicle:'01 Nissan Frontier 4x4, '94 Suzuki DR350SE
  • Time Online: 64d 11m 20s

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

This isn't the healthiest soup ever. It contains dairy and gluten from the flour and beer. But it will beat the snot out of anything you find in a can or soup mix. I made a huge batch of it, have some in the fridge, and more in the freezer.

Ingredients:
3 medium-large russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 walla walla onion, diced
2 jalapenos, de-veined and diced
3 cloves fresh garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup general purpose flour
3 cups chicken stock
1 cup whole milk
12 oz light bodied beer
2 cups sharp cheddar (about 8 oz)
1/2 lb bacon, chopped
4 tbsp unsalted butter
S&P to taste
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp chili powder
Hot sauce and sour cream for topping

Instructions:
In a large sauce pan cook the chopped bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and drain. Melt the butter in the grease and add the garlic. Whisk briskly for about a minute then add the onion, carrots, celery and jalapenos. Cook until veggies start to soften. Add flour and whisk briskly to toast the flour (you want it to barely start to turn a light brown color, don't burn it). Stir in the chicken stock, then the milk, then the beer. Add the potatoes and bring to a boil while stirring. reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes uncovered while occasionally stirring.

After simmering, put everything in an immersion blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Put back in sauce pan over low heat and stir in handfuls of cheddar until melted.

Top with bacon crumbles, sour cream and hot sauce.

If the people come to believe that the government is no longer constrained by the laws then they will conclude that neither are they.

#136 SassyMcFlowerPants

SassyMcFlowerPants

stop searching me fags

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,164 posts
  • Vehicle:bmw racing car.
  • Time Online: 23d 15h 34m 45s

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

that's like some kind of magical vegetable gravy cheese sauce....

#137 AaronTex

AaronTex

n00die

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Vehicle:AaronTexNU
  • :

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:04 PM

Today thus far Meal 1: 4 weetbix and protein shake Meal 2: 200g diced chicken breast mixed in salad and a bit of cottage cheese for taste mandarin Meal 3: 150g tuna mixed with salad and cottage cheese mandarin Meal 4: 4 eggs and a bit of ham and cheese in an omelette currently eating Meal 5: will be 300g steak with mashed potato and broccoli Meal 6: some more cottage cheese and night time protein shake protein shake thrown in between meals 2/3 but wouldnt classify as a meal.. funny this popped up today as this is my first really try and eat big week so far so good hope all this effort shows in a few weeks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users