69 replies to this topic

#41 pdr

pdr

balls

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,237 posts
  • Time Online: 76d 12h 59m 26s

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

More like that. Your upper torso should be on the ground and not elevated (yet). Try to keep your feet as flat as you can, toes pointing straight ahead. Thrust upward to where your torso is in line with your quads. 

Here Joe Hashey goes over form:

You can do bodyweight versions as well. 

#42 Runt

Runt

You just got Admin'd!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,074 posts
  • Vehicle:Ruckus stretched and slammed, and a POS DSM.
  • Time Online: 36d 10h 20m 39s

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

Those are fun.

Click here before you ask where all your posts went.

Posted Image

#43 Runt

Runt

You just got Admin'd!

• Admin
  • 17,074 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

Squats 8x3 100lbs

Dead Lifts 8x3 150lbs

Glute-ham bridge/hip thrust - 8x3  75lbs - Didn't really know where to start with these but 75lbs felt like nothing so I'll probably up it Friday to around 100-125lb.

Conditioning

Landmine Twist 35lb 30x3 - 15 per side per set alternating like in the video.

Jammers 35lb 30x3 - 15 per arm alternating each arm after 5 reps.

Between leg rows 35lb 30x3 - 15 per arm alternating each arm after 5 reps.

On the conditioning tip I really need something else I'm starting to get bored with the same thing every day. I can't use the punching bag too much cause the dogs fucking hate it and they freak the fuck out.

Breakfast - Protein shake.

Lunch - 2 slices homemade pizza

Before work out - Protein shake

Dinner - Shredded chicken in a buffalo sauce and baked sweet potato.

Runt

Posted Image

#44 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:41 AM

Squat thrusts, jump rope, sprinting, combine other exercises into a circuit, mountain climbers, bear crawls, side to side rolls, ummm and lots of other stuff. I can show you some tonight.

Do the hip thrusts on a day that you don't deadlift. 

#45 Runt

Runt

You just got Admin'd!

• Admin
  • 17,074 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:42 AM

Squat thrusts, jump rope, sprinting, combine other exercises into a circuit, mountain climbers, bear crawls, side to side rolls, ummm and lots of other stuff. I can show you some tonight.

Do the hip thrusts on a day that you don't deadlift. 

Why do you say that?

Runt

Posted Image

#46 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:03 AM

http://pdtrains.blog...e-macebell.html

Macebell instructions. Sorry about my writing.

http://www.rosstrain...tructionkit.pdf

Sandbag instructions. I suggest trying one of those methods instead of what I did. I need to re-do my bags and use the individual bag method. I just stuff 4 contractor bags inside each other and fill it with sand, roll up like a burrito, tape it up, put inside a canvas bag, and then tape that. Without the canvas bag the contractor bags just explode. Without the individual bags the sandbag itself is less pliable and awkward, and more like a giant soft rock(you felt it last night). So I'll probably re-do mine filling individual contractor bags with 15-20lbs of sand like shown in the PDF

More DIY shit:

http://www.rosstrain...?t=157#section4

There is days and days worth of information in there

#47 Runt

Runt

You just got Admin'd!

• Admin
  • 17,074 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

Ok so I mixed it up a little tonight.

Inclined Rows 5x5 Body weight - Jeez these are tough guess it's cause I'm a fat ass but they really work my upper body and grip.

Bench Press 8x3 140LB - Really worked on the form tonight and the pointers PDR gave me worked like a charm.

Glute Hip Thrust 8x3 90LB - Was cramping up pretty bad so it took me a while to do them.

Conditioning

Pushups - 3x10

Lunges - 3x20

Squats - 3x20

Glue Hip thrust - Body weight - 3x10

Breakfast - Protein shake

Lunch - 6 oz steak Protein shake

Dinner - Chinese food very little rice.

Runt

Posted Image

#48 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:32 AM

Nice! Where were you cramping on the barbell hip thrusts? Hamstrings/calves/behind the knee? No cramping on the bodyweight ones? SO MANY QUESTIONS

Try to eat more if you can. You want to try to get in at least 1g of protein per bodyweight. Get as much brotein you can from real foods and make up the difference with shakes. So just to paint a clearer picture you only took in a little over 100g of protein (I estimated chinese food at 20g, steak at 36g or so, and protein shakes at 25g each). Your muscles need to be fed, and there is no way you'll be able to continue to train with that little of food intake (you'll break down physically, if not mentally first). I'd ask you if you're tired throughout the day, but  seeing as you have a new baby that is kind of a dumb question. haha.

If there are any vegetables and fruit you can stomach you should start slowly adding that in. If you want an idea as to the energy dark greens provide and just how good you'll feel I can give you a simple recipe for a spinach shake that doesn't taste horrible, although with the fruit it does have a bit of sugar. Who cares. You need your greens and I understand not everybody can stomach them. 

#49 Runt

Runt

You just got Admin'd!

• Admin
  • 17,074 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:14 AM

Nice! Where were you cramping on the barbell hip thrusts? Hamstrings/calves/behind the knee? No cramping on the bodyweight ones? SO MANY QUESTIONS

Try to eat more if you can. You want to try to get in at least 1g of protein per bodyweight. Get as much brotein you can from real foods and make up the difference with shakes. So just to paint a clearer picture you only took in a little over 100g of protein (I estimated chinese food at 20g, steak at 36g or so, and protein shakes at 25g each). Your muscles need to be fed, and there is no way you'll be able to continue to train with that little of food intake (you'll break down physically, if not mentally first). I'd ask you if you're tired throughout the day, but  seeing as you have a new baby that is kind of a dumb question. haha.

If there are any vegetables and fruit you can stomach you should start slowly adding that in. If you want an idea as to the energy dark greens provide and just how good you'll feel I can give you a simple recipe for a spinach shake that doesn't taste horrible, although with the fruit it does have a bit of sugar. Who cares. You need your greens and I understand not everybody can stomach them. 

Actually more in the glutes behind my legs on the body weight ones I didn't have too much issues unless I tried to hold it at the top then there was some cramping.

Yeah it is really really really hard to find the time to prepare meals it's hard enough finding the time to workout with the kid. So anything quick and easy you can suggest I'll take. I like carrots, broccoli, lettuce, celery (but not by itself has to be dipped in something), peppers, onions, sweet potatoes, and other veggies. I can eat raw carrots no problem but most of the veggies listed require some sort of "dressing". I have a bad habit of leaving my lunch at home even when I take time to make it and I don't want to leave work to go eat because I know if I do I'll end up eating like shit. So I keep a bag of beef jerky along with protein powder in my desk.

Runt

Posted Image

#50 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:57 AM

Glute stretch. I really hate long video intros. Personal trainers seem to be the worst about it. 

What is a normal day for you like? Work M-F around 8-5pm then come home and help Lan with the baby? You don't need to give me your full schedule or anything, I just think if you start really looking at your schedule you'll find you have more time to do get things done than you realize even if it is still a small window. It's still there. Somewhere. Now when you don't have a solid grasp on what is and isn't healthy and how to go about getting meals made in a timely manner then that small window of time will seem infinitely smaller. You're more likely to just run out and grab something or toss a frozen dinner in the microwave. Next time I come up I can run you and Lan through some simple cooking tips. There are lots of meals that you can cook in bulk. Crock pots are GREAT for this. Just toss a bunch of food in the pot in the morning, and you have meals for days afterward. Chili is another. Anywho like most subject matter in this world once your knowledge base grows tackling the issues that are a result of whatever said subject is will become much easier. And that's what we're here for! I have more to post on the veggie part but I have to finish eating myself.

One fast food place that I give the thumbs up to is Chipotle. It's all organic and uses hormone free meats (if there is a shortage they will display a sign notifying you of conventional animal use). If you need carbs get the white rice otherwise skip it. Also skip the cheese and sour cream. Load up on everything else. Paleo nuts will argue with me about the beans, but that's the least of your worries. Okay be back to type more essays

#51 Runt

Runt

You just got Admin'd!

• Admin
  • 17,074 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

Wake up at 7AM watch Cade till Lan leaves at 8-8:15AM shower then leave for work.

Work 9-5 no lunch otherwise I would have to leave at 6pm and wouldn't have my 1 hour buffer to work out before Lan and Baby get home.

5:30-6:30PM Work out.

6:30-10PM Watch Cade so Lan can have some free time before going to bed to do what she needs to do.

10:30 or later go to bed.

WASH RINSE REPEAT 5 days a week.

Runt

Posted Image

#52 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:33 PM

Right on. I bet people here could help out with some quick and easy recipes. I'll tackle that after work. Like I always say don't stress about getting everything changed at once. That's overwhelming and not always realistic. If you can change one or two meals a week (not one or two meals a day) then that is a step in the right direction. I'm all about working through progressions. The more you cook the more comfortable you'll become with cooking (duh), and getting good meals prepped when little time is available.

Now with all that said, your physical training is important but the food your putting into your system is even more important (like leaps and bounds more important). Perhaps later down the road you should try cutting your training time from 60 minutes to 30-45, and use the remainderment for meal prep. Again, baby steps.

http://www.amazon.co...rds=4 hour chef

Book suggestion: 4 Hour Chef. It's a huge book, but it's more like a life instruction manual dumbed down. It's not a book that you can sit down and read cover to cover. On top of teaching you super simple tricks and short cuts for cooking through meta learning, he teaches you how to accomplish all sorts of tasks like a professional would.  Obviously the part on food would be most beneficial to you. His recipes seem daunting, but his instructions are so freaking simple (thanks to the tricks he teaches) each meal should take 15-20 minutes to prep max. The cooking part is geared towards those who have NO clue how to cook and those of us with little time on our hands.  It's not like a cookbook at all, or like any book I've ever read for that matter. You're welcome to borrow mine for a lil bit if you want. Shoot you can probably find a PDF somewhere on the internets.  

Sorry that was all general advice with no specific direction. It's taken me 30 mins to type this bc of work. As always, more later.

#53 Runt

Runt

You just got Admin'd!

• Admin
  • 17,074 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

Parents came into town last night so didn't get a chance to work out and I was pressed for time this morning but I managed to get in a quick work out.

OHP 8x3 110lbs - First time doing it since PDR came up and showed me some technique made a world of difference.

Squats 8x3 110lbs - Did a couple of the stretches in that video that you sent me PDR and it helped me a ton the 1st set felt perfect.

Bench 8x3 140lbs - Again setting up the way you showed me was WAY faster than what I was able to do.

Again pressed for time have somewhere to be but managed a little conditioning.

Jumping jacks 30x3

Squat Body weight 30x3

comeatmebro.jpg

Posted Image

#54 MNazary

MNazary

di addict

• DI Premium Donator
  • 4,894 posts
  • Vehicle:2012 KIA Optima EX, 2002 CBR600F4i
  • Time Online: 33d 11h 57m 21s

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:48 PM

Saw a good recipe I just bought all the ingredients for.  If you like hummus: Tortilla, deli chicken breast, hummus, whatever else you want. Cucumbers go great with that.  With a side of beans that's plenty of protein.

George Foreman has been my best friend for quick meat meals.  I throw on a bunch of seasoned and oiled up chicken breast, eat that with rice or beans.  Really fast to make.

If you like Greek yogurt, get some of that.  Chobani is pretty pricey.  Go to an Indian or Paki mart and buy some greek yogurt there.  Freeze some of your favorite fruits, then add it to a blender with the yogurt and a little bit of sugar.  That makes a great snack and high in protein.

#55 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:34 AM

Don't forget he's trying to cut some fat and not gain weight

I think it's pretty cool you were able to get the form down on those movements so quickly. Certainly makes teaching/coaching that much easier and more enjoyable. 

#56 Runt

Runt

You just got Admin'd!

• Admin
  • 17,074 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

Monday and back at it.

Bench 8x3 150lbs

Squats 8x3 110lbs

Inclined Rows 5x5 body weight - I do 5x5 on these because it takes a while to setup and I figure I might as well bang out 5.

Conditioning

Jump rope 3x30 - Holy shit I forgot how much this will drain me, I should have saved it for last.

Squats Body Weight - 3x20

Glue Hip thrust - Body weight - 3x10

Really should have saved the jump rope for last my legs were not wanting to cooperate after those.

Breakfast - Banana and protein shake.

Lunch - Home Made chicken and sausage gumbo

Afternoon - protein shake

Dinner - Home made meat loaf and steamed veggies

Posted Image

#57 Runt

Runt

You just got Admin'd!

• Admin
  • 17,074 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

TODAY

OHP 8x3 120lbs

Dead lifts 8x3 160lbs

Switched up the conditioning

10 pushups

10 Goblin squats 25lbs

10 sit ups

10 Hip thrusts

Did 10 of each as fast as possible and rest and repeated that 3 times. Sort of want to focus on a bunch of body weight stuff as well. Still looking for a tire

to make a sled out of.

Breakfast - Banana and protein shake

Lunch - Meat loaf

Dinner - Pork ribs baked, fresh cut green beans, and a sweet potato.

Runt

Posted Image

#58 03-18-09-26-15

03-18-09-26-15

Member Not Found

• Death Beast
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

gat damn white boy.  i hate you and your OHP abilities.

#59 Runt

Runt

You just got Admin'd!

• Admin
  • 17,074 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

Thanks pal pal.

I feel like I should be doing more for my size but I keep telling myself to take baby steps as the last thing I need/want to do is hurt myself and fall into a slump.

Runt

Posted Image

#60 Runt

Runt

You just got Admin'd!

• Admin
  • 17,074 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

Bench 8x3 140lb

Squats 8x3 110lb - I feel like I could really benefit from more weight.

Inclined Rows 8x3 body weight - Switched from 5x5 to 8x3 and slowed my movements down felt a lot more beneficial and I could focus on keeping my core tight.

Conditioning

Jammers 3x30 - 35lbs

Landmine twist 3x30 - 35lbs

One handed rows 3x30 - 35 lbs.

Breakfast - Protein shake

Lunch - 10 oz chicken breast and mixed veggies

Dinner - 10 oz pork roast green beans and a cup of white rice.

I'd like to try to have a MAX effort day where I kick up all my weights by +20/30 lbs and lower the reps. What would be the best way to go about this or is it even a good idea?

Runt

Posted Image

#61 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

Go ahead and mix in a single rep day, but I wouldn't suggest maxing out yet. Go heavy, but still below your max. After a few weeks of that then go ahead and do a max effort day. You only should do them every 30-60 days (very general timeframe). They're pretty taxing and will break you down if done too frequently. 

#62 Runt

Runt

You just got Admin'd!

• Admin
  • 17,074 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

So with the event and everything this weekend I took it easy because I knew that I'd be getting plenty of exorcise by moving stuff around and walking around. So I didn't work out Friday and Monday as I normally would.

I did weigh myself today and I'm 290 on the scale at work which at my heaviest I was 312 So I'm down 22lbs as of right now and have pretty stoked about that.

Got back at it yesterday.

Bench 8x3 150LB

Dead lifts 8x3 160lb

Inclined Rows 8x3 Body Weight

Conditioning

Jump rope 3 sets of 30-50 just max effort and rest for 2-3 minutes.

Breakfast

Left over pork loin and a home made biscuit.

Lunch

Steak nachos

Dinner

Home made dirty rice w/ chicken

Posted Image

#63 03-18-09-26-15

03-18-09-26-15

Member Not Found

• Death Beast
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

God damn dude.  You're going to be a legit monster.

#64 Runt

Runt

You just got Admin'd!

• Admin
  • 17,074 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

Was having some problems with cramping today any suggestions on supplements or anything that might help. I've had plenty of water some where around 2 gallons during the day.

Work out.

Squats 8x3 120LBS

OHP 8x3 120lbs

Bent over rows 8x3 120lbs

Conditioning

2x30 40lbs Jammers

2x30 40lbs landmine twists

2x30 40lbs one handed rowes

Usually do 3x30 but was cramping up in my sides so I cut it a rep short.

Breakfast - Granny smith apple and protein shake.

Lunch - Hamburger steak and Bananna

Dinner - Olive Garden Chicken Parmigiana w/ grilled veggies and salad.

Posted Image

#65 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

You're cramping up on your sides sort of like a "side stitch"? It could be due to breathing incorrectly and those muscles getting overworked. 

Make sure you're replenishing sodium too. 

#66 Runt

Runt

You just got Admin'd!

• Admin
  • 17,074 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

What would be the best way to do that without sports drinks filled with sugar as well?

Runt

Posted Image

#67 03-18-09-26-15

03-18-09-26-15

Member Not Found

• Death Beast
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

The main thing *I* think really helps is strengthening your core, and making sure you exhale properly/fully.   I haven't had issues with them since paying attention to those two things.  I think the focus on breathing is really what helped.  In the nose out the mouth helps you pay attention.  It used to be an issue for me, especially when playing soccer.

#68 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:46 AM

Yeah first step is timing your breathing correctly during sets, and then begin working on breathing using your diaphragm and not your lungs. 

Runt - Pickle juice. Kidding .. sort of. Just make sure the sodium you're using on your food has iodide. Sounds like you're drinking enough water.

#69 Runt

Runt

You just got Admin'd!

• Admin
  • 17,074 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

I haven't fallen off the wagon just haven't been doing a lot of lifting.

I'm down 30lbs total from where I began 312 - 282 today and started lifting again last night.

Swimming after the workout was friggin awesome and I'm going to do that everytime now.

Runt

Posted Image

#70 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

Good work! Swimming afterward is indeed amazing especially since it's been raining so much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users