This is why everyone hates Crossfitters. FUCK

#2 pdr

pdr

balls

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,237 posts
  • Time Online: 76d 12h 59m 26s

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:46 AM

Also, tomorrow at 11? Any of you men feel like being manly? Don't be a massage pipe.

#3 MNazary

MNazary

di addict

• DI Premium Donator
  • 4,894 posts
  • Vehicle:2012 KIA Optima EX, 2002 CBR600F4i
  • Time Online: 33d 11h 57m 21s

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

Had lots of food yesterday.

Was tired.

Toughed it out and went to gym. Chest, arms, and legs are hurting bad now. Going back this morning to do back and shoulders.

Oh and I've gained about 6lbs. Granted I'm drinking 3L of water a day I'm happy to be 147 and gaining.

Steaks for dinner tonight. I already notice my gut slimming done. I say 6 months till abs start defining a 6 pack. I actually don't have a hard time getting abs if I'm consistent with it.

#4 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:06 AM

Good shit. 6lbs is still 6lbs. If you want to find out if that's water weight or not then weigh yourself every day at the same time.

What are you doing in the gym? I hope you're avoiding machines! Good job on being mentally strong and putting in the work even though you were tired. You won a battle most don't.

#5 MNazary

MNazary

di addict

• DI Premium Donator
  • 4,894 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

I did avoid machines. It was all free weight except for leg extensions.

Chest: Bench press, dumbbell press, incline press, and incline dumbbell fly.

Arms: Arnold press, arm curls standing and sitting, rows, overhead triceps, and triceps kickback.

Legs: Extensions, goblet squats, and calf raises. Legs couldn't handle anymore after this. Gonna take it a little slower since my legs aren't as strong as I thought.

Burned out at the end with deadlifts. That was fun. All this in 1.5 hours.

#6 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

Mind if I give you a few pointers/suggestions? That's a lot of work, and way too many isolation exercises. You shouldn't be doing any at this point. Stick to 3-4 compound lifts and that's it. Less time, and you get more out of it. Remember, you're not training to be a bodybuilder. You're training to be a firefighter. Never do deadlifts last, and they shouldn't be high rep or a finisher. Do them after warming up.

#7 MNazary

MNazary

di addict

• DI Premium Donator
  • 4,894 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

I'm always open to suggestions. I figured I was doing too much but because I skipped the gym Tuesday and Wednesday I should punish myself last night.

I tend to do arms/chest one day and shoulders/back other. What workouts should I do for those particular days?

I'm also alternating days for leg and ab workouts.

Legs I do the above mentioned and will start with the Bulgarian split squats and reverse lunge next week.

Abs I do the basics. I do that decline bench ab twists with a 25lb bar weight. I'll also do side bends with that weight. At home I do leg raises and supine ab twist.

#8 03-18-09-26-15

03-18-09-26-15

Member Not Found

• Death Beast
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:58 AM

Diarrhea. Deux. Ha.

Maybe on tomorrow. I need to, I haven't done anything but work and sleep for a week now.

#9 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:28 AM

I'm always open to suggestions. I figured I was doing too much but because I skipped the gym Tuesday and Wednesday I should punish myself last night.

I tend to do arms/chest one day and shoulders/back other. What workouts should I do for those particular days?

I'm also alternating days for leg and ab workouts.

Legs I do the above mentioned and will start with the Bulgarian split squats and reverse lunge next week.

Abs I do the basics. I do that decline bench ab twists with a 25lb bar weight. I'll also do side bends with that weight. At home I do leg raises and supine ab twist.

Holy shit the quote window is small. Ahh. I hate constantly scrolling up.

Don't do leg extensions. You're quad dominant enough as it is. Stick to the compound moves that will utilize your hams/glutes too. Squats, bulgarian split squat, rear lunge, step-ups, and glute/ham raises.

Don't do arm days. Again, you're not training to be a bro. You can start targeting them once you're to the point where your compound lifts are so big that your secondary muscles are failing too quickly and need some shoring up. Or if you're doing some sort of injury PT.

Side bends are a tremendous waste of time, sort of like crunches. I've found that putting a barbell on your shoulders and offsetting it works far better than holding a DB or 45lb plate and just bending to the side like some chick out of an 80s workout video. On your decline sit-ups make sure you aren't rolling your chest forward into your knees as you come up (making your spine into a "C" instead of remaining neutral). Hinge at the hips, not the lower spine.

My strength training revolves around my other training so I just do 3-4 compound lifts per session. For example:

Monday:

Deadlift - 5x5
Weighted pull-up - 5x5
OH press - 5x5

Wednesday:

Squat - 5x5
Weighted dips - 5x5
Weighted pull-ups - 5x5 (varied chin-ups, regular pull-ups, and wide grip pull-ups)
Suspended push-ups - 3x8-10 (used gymnast's reverse grip. Hard as hell)

I'd lift again today but my schedule got messed up so I'm sparring and conditioning today. Anyway, I'm not saying you should do what I'm doing, but don't over complicate matters. You can hit various large muscle groups in a single session. Just give yourself time to rest. We can sit down and try and write something up on Saturday if you'd like.

#10 MNazary

MNazary

di addict

• DI Premium Donator
  • 4,894 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

Yeah can't make it this weekend remember? Ha.

The reason I did arms was two reasons. I want bigger arms. And the Physical Ability Test I think will require arm strength. The equipment carry, sled hammer, and hose drag I think will all require some decent arm strength.

I didn't exactly do decline situps. It was on the decline bench. I was a 90 degree angle at my hips and held a 25lb plate while doing the ab twists. No motion at all but my abs twisting.

I did leg extensions cause in the old thread you listed some leg exercises for me to do. One of them was extensions. The deadlifts I'll start doing in the beginning now.

What are some examples of compound lifts?

#11 xs

xs

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• DI Premium Donator
  • 22,826 posts
  • Vehicle:'01 Nissan Frontier 4x4, '94 Suzuki DR350SE
  • Time Online: 64d 11m 20s

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

The reason I did arms was two reasons. I want bigger arms. And the Physical Ability Test I think will require arm strength. The equipment carry, sled hammer, and hose drag I think will all require some decent arm strength.

I didn't exactly do decline situps. It was on the decline bench. I was a 90 degree angle at my hips and held a 25lb plate while doing the ab twists. No motion at all but my abs twisting.

I did leg extensions cause in the old thread you listed some leg exercises for me to do. One of them was extensions. The deadlifts I'll start doing in the beginning now.

These guys don't do arm days.

Posted Image

Anyways, those physical tests you mentions are full body movements. Isolating your arms will make your arms strong in those isolation movements. If you want to be able to swing a sledge really f'ing hard, then start swinging a sledge hammer. If you want to carry heavy shit around, start carrying heavy shit around. My shoulders and tri's have gotten bigger and stronger just pushing cars around a parking lot much faster than any shoulder exercises have done in the past. Not to mention the workout my entire body receives.

Edited by xs, 10 February 2012 - 05:37 PM.

If the people come to believe that the government is no longer constrained by the laws then they will conclude that neither are they.

#12 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:07 PM

Sorry I'm terarded sometimes.

xs pretty much covered it in his post. What do you think we're doing out there? :) Curls, extensions, and kickbacks aren't going to help you carry, drag, or swing anything. It will help you curl, extend, or kickback something. Not so awesome huh? Yes I realize they can assist your compound lifts, but how are you going to work on those properly when your support muscles are fatigued? I told you when we started that if you want to get good at something then you train for it specifically. Every single exercise you've done was done for a purpose. Here is a great article explaining general physical preparedness (GPP). That's what we've been doing out there:

http://www.elitefts....reparedness.htm

What you're doing with me is to get you ready for your test, but what you do on your own is most important as it will work the muscles that need to be strong for the training you do with me.

Ahhh russian twists. Do those on the ground with a medicine ball that you can slam.

Oh did I? Well, whatever. Focus on the other lifts first. :) Leg extensions work your quads and you don't want to become any more imbalanced.

Push-ups: pecs, triceps, lats, core
Pull-ups: lats, deltoids, biceps, forearms, grip, core
Body rows: same shit, to a lesser degree
Overhead press: Deltoids, traps, tricep, core (lift heavy and tell me you aren't contracting your core to stay upright!)
Squats: glutes, hamstrings, quads, lower back/core
Deadlift: lots of fucking muscles, including your grip strength
Farmer's walk: lots of fucking muscles, including your grip strength
Sprints: your whole body

Train with a purpose, not like a bro

#13 03-18-09-26-15

03-18-09-26-15

Member Not Found

• Death Beast
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

It's going to be in the low 30s tomorrow. I'm not that hardcore.

I did go broke buy some new tires though, so I'm able to leave Frisco again.

#14 Runt

Runt

You just got Admin'd!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,074 posts
  • Vehicle:Ruckus stretched and slammed, and a POS DSM.
  • Time Online: 36d 10h 20m 39s

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:05 PM

I need new tires as well, too back I can't use the one around my waist.

Runt

Click here before you ask where all your posts went.

Posted Image

#15 bouwnt

bouwnt

(bando)

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts
  • Time Online: 21h 49m 15s

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:16 PM

just did some things now i'm in this thing
the gravy, is THEIRS

#16 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

Looks like we'll be bundled up like eskimo bros. Awesome.

#17 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

I'll be working out with you today Frankie. We'll lift man shit. Thickbar deads, FW, thickbar OH press, KB jerk, etc.

#18 MNazary

MNazary

di addict

• DI Premium Donator
  • 4,894 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:45 AM

Grrr I wish I was out there. This weather would toughen me up!

#19 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

Posted Image

Thick bar deads. That's about 235lbs. 230lbs of plates and the bar is maybe 5lbs. That'll wake your grip up.

Posted Image

Frankie doing thick bar clean and press

Posted Image

About to press. Are we using that yoga mat right? Whatever.

We did thick bar DL (up to 235lbs+/-), farmer's walk (110lbs each hand), 24kg KB jerk, and thick bar clean and press (95lbs+/-). My forearms are shot.

I tried to do the farmer's walk up the hill and back down with 220lbs. I didn't quite make it. Vid coming

#20 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

I picked them up just a second or two after the first vid stops. I guess he wasn't ready for me to get back at it so quickly. That was difficult. I will make it all the way up and down without setting them down. It's a new goal.

#21 bouwnt

bouwnt

(bando)

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts
  • Time Online: 21h 49m 15s

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:20 PM

my posterior chain... right now a very well-lit place. :shock:
and those farm walks are no joke, up and back down the the slant is #serious #beastmode

oh, thanks again for the gluco/msm, i gotta get this shoulder to quit fuckin with me
i wanna have a powerful SOHP movement
one day
the gravy, is THEIRS

#22 davidX

davidX

di no-lifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,429 posts
  • Vehicle:Tundra Crewmax
  • Time Online: 25d 10h 33m 8s

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

Well PDR it seems even though we're worlds apart we've followed the same path as far as training goes. Did you make the thick bar, if so what thickness is it? I need to make one as well. Outside of my 5/3/1 work I'm doing a lot of the same style of work you're doing for conditioning. Hill sprints, loaded carries, car push, tire throws, etc. Sorry to hijack the thread.

p.s. fuck Crossfit.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by davidX, 12 February 2012 - 01:23 PM.

#23 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

my posterior chain... right now a very well-lit place. :shock:
and those farm walks are no joke, up and back down the the slant is #serious #beastmode

oh, thanks again for the gluco/msm, i gotta get this shoulder to quit fuckin with me
i wanna have a powerful SOHP movement
one day

Just keep doing the rehab/prehab on the shoulder. It'll get there. I didn't think my shoulder would ever quit hurting, but while it still grinds and clicks some there is zero pain and no limitation in ROM.

Well PDR it seems even though we're worlds apart we've followed the same path as far as training goes. Did you make the thick bar, if so what thickness is it? I need to make one as well. Outside of my 5/3/1 work I'm doing a lot of the same style of work you're doing for conditioning. Hill sprints, loaded carries, car push, tire throws, etc. Sorry to hijack the thread.

p.s. fuck Crossfit.

That's what's up. A group of us do that same stuff every Saturday morning. It has benefited my regular training greatly. I wish I had more room so I could store a big tractor tire, although with the fighting stuff I flip those fuckers enough. Still, would be nice for the weekend GPP. Chicks get crazy wet over that shit too. I read that on the internet.

The bar is actually off of one of the push sleds that Lusion made for me:

Posted Image

I believe they are 2" thick. I got my farmer's walk handles from http://www.blackwidowtg.com. The guy is super cool and doesn't rape you on shipping charges.

Oh and don't worry about hijacking this thread. It's basically for whatever.

And because we lost all of our wonderful CrossFit gold with the great DI database genocide of 2012:

Posted Image

#24 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:43 PM

:eek3:

That's a badass gym.

edit - apparently I could embed just fine yesterday.

#25 Runt

Runt

You just got Admin'd!

• Admin
  • 17,074 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

Jesus those fucking circus lifts are no fucking joke.

And apparently to embed you don't even need code just post the link.

Runt

Posted Image

#26 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:04 PM

Those are some strong boys. That mammoth man is not someone I'd like to pillow fight.

I kept messing it up by posting the longer embed link instead of the shortened "share" link. Apparently it only works when you use that one.

#27 03-18-09-26-15

03-18-09-26-15

Member Not Found

• Death Beast
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

:eek3:

#28 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:46 PM

Oh man we're missing the hot fit girls thread. Oh well. Let's continue with the CrossFit stupid:

Posted Image

It takes talent to break a bar with that load on it. It takes CrossFit to make one proud of such an accomplishment. Say gurl why you throwin training plates around in expensive weight lifting shoes?!

#29 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

Posted Image

Who better than to advertise CF/BokFit than Adrianna Luna? She loves her double unders almost as much as her double penetration. BTW, are those track marks on her arm? Go CF yay!

#30 MNazary

MNazary

di addict

• DI Premium Donator
  • 4,894 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:00 PM

Damnit make this SFW, wanna keep up with fitness thread at work without being fired!

#31 Runt

Runt

You just got Admin'd!

• Admin
  • 17,074 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

NO

Posted Image

#32 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

Damnit make this SFW, wanna keep up with fitness thread at work without being fired!

It's still SFW. I'm not going to post any of the nudie ones.

#33 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:26 PM

You know how I'm always talking to you guys about outter quad dominance? Well, if any of you have that irritating clicking/grinding in the knee then this may be beneficial. It's the Peterson step up. Just a corrective exercise.

#34 MNazary

MNazary

di addict

• DI Premium Donator
  • 4,894 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

Well got bored at work so I did 2x30 body squats. My arms wore out quickly from just 25 push-ups but I will be doing this every few hours till my shift is over. I guess I can do Bulgarian split squats on my desk and hopefully nobody walks into the ER catching me do this.

#35 Taylor

Taylor

di runs through my veins

• DI Premium Donator
  • 15,677 posts
  • Vehicle:98 GST
  • Time Online: 43d 17h 17m 46s

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:30 AM

LEG DOMS FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Edit: I'll re-do the fit girls thread eventually. I still have all the pics saved and most of them already hosted.

Edit 2: Glucosamine is good for joints but does "joints" include the ligaments in them? Or am I physiologically retarded and there's nothing in joints but ligaments anyway?

Edited by Taylor, 14 February 2012 - 12:32 AM.

#36 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:30 AM

Well got bored at work so I did 2x30 body squats. My arms wore out quickly from just 25 push-ups but I will be doing this every few hours till my shift is over. I guess I can do Bulgarian split squats on my desk and hopefully nobody walks into the ER catching me do this.

Just tell them you're training for the pro-am bloodsport event coming up. Good work. Keep it up. Remember the push-up variations I showed you. Work on some of those offset push-ups where you're still struggling in the 5-8 rep range. Did you end up getting caught? haha

Taylor - ligaments connect bone to bone. Tendons connect muscle to bone. Glucosamine is supposed to help ligaments.

Got in some good work last night. As always, kept it simple. I was supposed to spar last night but that got moved to tonight, so instead of driving down to the gym I just setup the old fat bar in the living room and did some DLing and KB stuff.

* 3 warm up sets after dynamic warm up

2 x 5 DL
2 x 5 RDL
2 x 5 KB push press
Shadow boxing / sprawling

Wrist and elbow wouldn't allow me to do anything dynamic (like swings). I think I'll do some oly lifts on Wednesday. I can snatch the BB just fine.

#37 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

Ribeyes on sale at Albertson's for $5.99/lb. I just picked up 10 for $30. Not thin cut either.

#38 pdr

pdr

balls

• 44,237 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

Old, but always makes me laugh.

So are we on for Saturday? 11am? It may rain, but I'll be out there anyway. It builds character.

#39 davidX

davidX

di no-lifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,429 posts
  • Vehicle:Tundra Crewmax
  • Time Online: 25d 10h 33m 8s

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:40 PM

^^^ WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS VIDEO?

I WANT TO RIGHT THE WRONGS HERE!

p.s. not my vid, but am thinking to myself that this looks easy as hell to make, and fun.

Edited by davidX, 15 February 2012 - 11:45 PM.

#40 MNazary

MNazary

di addict

• DI Premium Donator
  • 4,894 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:08 AM

So I work this Friday night. 7p-7a. I'll be getting off work around 7:15am. I figure I can take a short nap then head up there if I am not too tired. If so maybe Sunday?

Past two days I have been doing the compound lifts.

Tuesday:
Deadlifts 3x10 95lbs
Overhead press 3x10 40lbs
Body Rows 3x10
Farmers Walk 6x10yrd walks 50lb dumbbells each hand
Push ups (One hand on medicine ball, one on ground)
Calf raise 2x20 35lb plates each hand
Wrist rolls 65lbs

Last two is strictly just to build those muscles cause I am just not happy with the sizes of them.

Wednesday
Jogged 6.5mph .6 miles Treadmill (I know, not cool but GF wanted me to warm up with her, she ran 5.2 miles)
Goblet squat 3x10 30lbs (Gonna move up, too light weight now)
Overhead press 3x10 45lbs
Body Rows 3x10
Farmers walk 4x15yrd 50lb DB's
Could not get an open bar for deadlifts at all yesterday, was kinda pissed.

Gonna take tonight off and go Friday morning since I work that night. Do some more variety and throw in pullups.

Been shopping around for grass fed beef. I figure if I'm eating red meat 3-4 times a week, one night can be grass fed. But damn shit is expensive as hell. I think Whole Food's Market might be a good place to get some for a deal. I need to start eating more breakfast. I usually only eat breakfast on days I work at the hospital cafeteria. Usually get eggs and sausage. I drink about 3L of water everyday now for the past two weeks. Sucks working at the ER cause I have to piss every hour to hour and a half and I think people are gonna start to get annoyed relieving me so often.

What is your guys's monthly budget for home cooked meals that are meant for working out?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users