#1 ayo

ayo

di no-lifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts
  • Vehicle:2012 Ford Fiesta, 1981 CB750
  • Time Online: 45d 5h 59m 24s

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:14 AM

This is a pretty extensive amount of research on the subject, if anyone's thought about trying it:

http://www.lakeviewv...n_Nutrition.pdf

I've got a friend that's a coach who said "90% of the top athletes I have talked to that are concerned about leanness practice intermittent fasting". He doesn't at this point subscribe to it, but is currently experimenting on himself to see the effects. So far he's not a fan of the release of stress hormones. The above article shows several successful examples, so I think it's worth a shot for anyone interested.

I'm on the fence just because last time I tried something like this I went 18 hours and then was scarfing fast food. 

My buddy's doing 4 days to a week of 16 hour intermittent fasting. Seems reasonable. 

Edited by ayo, 28 August 2013 - 11:15 AM.

#2 pdr

pdr

balls

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,237 posts
  • Time Online: 76d 12h 59m 26s

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

Never done it personally. A lot of people say it works, others say it's not good for you. Either way there are plenty of people out there that have gotten pretty ripped following that diet. I have nothing else to add other than Martin Berkhan from leangains.com used to not handle criticism well at all, much to the internet's entertainment. That's when I learned the most about IF haha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users